You don't wanna fuck wit me.

Nov 16, 2011

Coffee is the best mother fucking shit ever

I am a coffee master. It means I have been specially trained to taste and talk about Starbucks coffee... and I get to wear a black apron (a black apron that says "coffee-muther-fuckin-master"). My favorite Starbucks coffee is easily the Aged Sumatra (which is only rarely available, and is closer to Sumatra or Komodo Dragon--always available), but I also adore the Kenya and Anniversary Blend. Christmas Blend is the best-selling coffee, which is understandable, because it is aged Sumatra blended post-roasted with Latin American beans. It is spicy, bold, and a little herbal. It is delicious. But the Kenya can change your perception of flavor notes. Pairing it with something citrusy, like orange juice or a grapefruit, will change your entire idea of "coffee." Coffees have notes, and if you pair those notes with that taste (cinnamon with something cinnamon-y), your tongue will recognize that taste and search for the other layers. It will taste extremely different. This is the same idea as wine, although I know very little about tannins and wine. Coffee, however, I am learning to detect and talk about. And I adore it. It is one of my favorite parts of my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment