You don't wanna fuck wit me.

Nov 18, 2011

Let's talk about dub step

Dub step: all i see of it, my mind is blown. All I read of it: it's fake music and for sure overrated. Yep, for surrr. That's a Minnesota saying. Like adding "at" to the end of questions ("where's it at?"). Anyhoo, dub step is, in my experience, the best way to play with music. And lately my life is all about playing. Not competitively, for the fun of it. The selfish game? Maybe. Dub step is fun as hell. You can just imagine music in front of you, imagine losing your mind in a crowd, imagine dancing so hard you sweat off all of your zombie makeup and somehow come out cleaner than you went in (I mean, even after getting dirtier). Few things make me shake my shoulders and remember life is so much wilder than my little midwest routine remembers. I love that. I love remembering that life is for sure HUGE. And not as many things remind us of that as there should be.

A quick little intro list:
  • The glitch mob
  • Pretty lights
  • Bassnectar
  • Future rock
  • Sovereign Sect
  • Deadmau5 (kinda)
  • Skrillex

    1 comment:

    1. I dunno Julie, I am not convinced on dubstep...

      ReplyDelete